decorator syntax polling suggestion

Anthony Baxter anthonybaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 08:49:53 CEST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:12:56 -0400, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> On the other, if there are people who are dissatisfied with
> @pie, they can vote, use the results to help them focus
> their energies on the most likely alternate candidate(s),
> and finally present a united front saying "uh, @pie
> sucks, and we have a wide consensus that syntax XXXX
> would be much better for these reasons..."

But then you end up with the opposite problem - a pile of
people say "we want this one" (say, list-before-def), it's
implemented, then all the people who prefer pie-decorators
start jumping up and down.

I don't think there's as wide a concensus as I keep hearing
about. The people who hate pie-decorators post a _lot_ -
most people seem to either not care, or else post once or
twice and then disappear. I think I'm about the only person
posting in any volume to c.l.py in favour of the syntax, and
even then, my liking of it is also driven by a dislike of the
other proposed syntaxes.

Anthony