allowing braces around suites

Fri Aug 27 22:07:43 EDT 2004

"Kjetil Torgrim Homme" <kjetilho at ifi.uio.no> wrote in message
news:mailman.2551.1093656430.5135.python-list at python.org...
> I'll write a PEP, but it will have to wait until next week.  thank you
> for your feedback!

Kjetil -

I hate to see you waste the effort.  If you look back through the archives,
you'll see that some form of "let's add braces to Python" proposal comes up
from the newcomer ranks every couple of months.  Almost always, the proposal
is combined with some comments about "my editor can't handle indenting and
outdenting properly."  Before you invest the time putting your case
together, I strongly suggest you review the comments and responses that have
already been put forth on this issue.  And be sure that the Python community
does not need to be educated about what "real world" code looks like.

Please consider the possibility that bracelessness is one of the language
features you need to come to grips with as part of "embracing" a new
language.  It will be great to see your energy and enthusiasm put forth to
learning about and participating in discussions of new Python language
features, instead of rehashing old news.

-- Paul