Rita Sue and Bob too

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Aug 20 07:16:57 EDT 2004

Ben Last wrote:

>>From: Peter Hansen [mailto:peter at engcorp.com]
>>(Ben, I don't think you need to post to both the python-list _and_
>>the comp.lang.python newsgroup: they mirror each other already!)
>
> Hmmm - I wasn't aware that I was.  I'm posting (and reading) via the
> python-list mailing list.  I don't do USENET at all...

Oh, probably my bad.  I know lots of people do that, yet I don't
recall seeing both "python-list at python.org" and "comp.lang.python"
in the list of replies before.

After a bit of experimentation, I notice it does that only when
I do "Reply All" -- as I did with the one above -- to a post that was
sent to the mailing list...

Normally I don't do Reply All so I hadn't seen this before.
I suppose with proper message ids it shouldn't show up twice
as my reply did, but for some reason they are different on the
two messages so the mailing list and Usenet reply couldn't be
matched up and both ended up getting posted.  (This one was sent
only to the list to avoid the problem.)

-Peter