[OT] Keyboard layout, was Re: PEP318

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Aug 13 07:39:54 EDT 2004

Sion Arrowsmith <siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Roy Smith  <roy at panix.com> wrote:
> >Sion Arrowsmith <siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> >> As someone who's just started using a Mac for the first time(*),
> >> I'd like to add that it's not always plain-sailing on an English
> >> keyboard.
> >What's wrong with Mac keyboards?
>
> No @, hence tangential relevance to PEP318 (and a point against
> pies, before or after the def). Unless you can remember it's on
> option-3.

Huh?  On *my* mac <wink> @ is shift-2 and # is option-3.  And I live
with the latter, and I type it far more often than anyone is ever
going to type @ for decorators...

Now, if someone would like to fix \ in place for the purposes of
LaTeX, then you're really talking!

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <Erwin> I recompiled XFree 4.2 with gcc 3.2-beta-from-cvs with -O42
          and -march-pentium4-800Mhz and I am sure that the MOUSE