Call for signatories for J2

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 04:59:31 EDT 2004

Robert Brewer <fumanchu at amor.org> wrote:

> This is a call for all who wish to sign the proposal, either for,
> against, or abstaining. Please sign by either posting on
> comp.lang.python (replying to this is fine), or sending email to

For.

I wish we'd use a better keyword than 'using' which would have a
bazillion other possible and useful future interpretations.  Of the
possible keywords mentioned on the site, several (by, per, through, via)
appear better to me, and I'd particularly love the three-letter ones as
they'd align well with 'def' -- my own preference would be 'per'.

However, I suspect it's too late to submit J2 with anything but 'using'
and I'd rather have J2 with 'using' than the pie-before-def thingy, so,
here's my "tactical" FOR vote:-).

Alex