Editors again

Ivan Voras ivoras at __-geri.cc.fer.hr
Mon Aug 16 18:18:52 EDT 2004

Are there any editors besides IDLE that can display doc-strings[*] in
popups? I tried SPE and DrPython, and while they are ok (better said
'not horribly bad'), they don't seem to have that option.

I'd like to see in an editor:
  - code-completion in case of functions, member variables etc.
("intelli-sense"? :) )
  - useful usage of doc-strings, maybe integrated python Help/Manual support
  - MDI or similar style, with good navigation (this is why I don't like
IDLE)

Actually, SPE is pretty close, but auto-completion seems to behave
'funny' sometimes, and no doc-string support I can see...

[*] Maybe I misnamed them. I was thinking of:
def f():
     """This is a doc-string"""
     pass