uppercase? RE: Alternative decorator syntax

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sun Aug 22 10:20:45 EDT 2004

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Robert Brewer wrote:

>Paul Rubin wrote:
>> "Paul McGuire" <ptmcg at austin.rr._bogus_.com> writes:
>> > Please start giving some thought to what the 'decorate'
>> keyword should be.
>>
>> Looks like "declare" to me ;-)
>
>I agree, for reasons which will become clear in the proposal draft.
>
>I'd be most interested to hear arguments _against_ "declare", if there
>are any.

I do not like 'decorate' (or 'using') as it is too lenghty. My preference is
some hort 2-3 letter variant, which is not repeted on each line:

Let me patent this ;) before anybody else:

BY: staticmethod, otherdecor(x,y,z)
def func(x): ....

DEF: staticmethod, otherdecor(x,y,z)
def func(x): ....

WITH: staticmethod, otherdecor(x,y,z)
def func(x): ....

AS: staticmethod, otherdecor(x,y,z)
def func(x): ....

or

AS:
    staticmethod
    otherdecor(x,y,z)
def func(x): ....

USE: staticmethod, otherdecor(x,y,z)
def func(x): ....

DEF is most interesting. It has a concept of a LARGE def.
Whereas small def is just a ef of a function.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3