Call for Grant Proposals

Maurice Ling mauriceling at acm.org
Mon Aug 2 04:21:13 EDT 2004

Anthony Baxter wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:53:38 GMT, Maurice LING <mauriceling at acm.org> wrote:
>

>>I have a few questions to ask about this grant and I've emailed this to
>>psf-grant at python.org but had no replies yet. Maybe someone authoritative
>>from PSF can help me out in this or anyone can put in some comments.
>>

>>1. Is there a requirement to release the deliverables, including,
>>software, source codes, specifications and documentation, to the general
>>public using any of the Open Source Initiative (OSI) approved open
>>source licences?
>>

>I'm not on the grants committee, but I'd _expect_ that this would be the
>case, yes. Will this be a problem?
>
>Anthony

This might be a problem if I am trying to apply this grant for a closed
source project but still advancing python and its related technology, as
I've stated in the same email (question 6, if I'm not wrong). I've given
the example of applying this grant for the development of a Python IDE
or sort but as a closed source project. It seems that the grants
committee has no clear wordings, which will make dealings with companies
extremely difficult. I'm unable to convince my lawyers and management
without concise wordings by PSF.

It seems to me as that this grant is only applicable for hobbyist.

Cheers
Maurice

--
Maurice Han Tong LING, BSc(Hons)(Biochem), AdvDipComp, SN
Doctor of Philosophy (Science) Candidate, The University of Melbourne
email: mauriceling at acm.org
resume: http://maurice.vodien.com/maurice_resume.pdf
www: http://www.geocities.com/beldin79/

The information contained in this message, including its attachment(s),
is CONFIDENTIAL and solely intended to its addressee(s) only. The
content of this message, including its attachment(s),  may be subjected
to copyright and privacy laws. If you have received this email in error,
please let me know by returning this email, and then destroy all copies.

"I cannot discover anyone knows enough to say definitely what is
and what is not possible" -Henry Ford
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies
in a person's determination" -Tommy Charles Lasorda