[OT] Keyboard layout, was Re: PEP318

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Thu Aug 12 08:08:15 EDT 2004

    Peter> Let me add that temporarily switching to an American
    Peter> keyboard layout (*) for programming helps with all of the
    Peter> following chars: @\[]{}|`.

US layout is indeed the only sensible way to program in languages
designed for US layouts, which pretty much includes most mainstream
languages.

If you are not man enough to learn Dvorak, that is ;-). I recently
switched over, and did some additional keymap tweaking like switching
'8'/'(' and ')'\'9' so that I won't need to press shift for
parens. Numbers like 8 and 9 are useless for coding - everything
beyond 0 and 1 implies a flawed design.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb