Noob question on PyQt and Qt

dusty noone at
Sun Aug 1 19:42:26 CEST 2004

I am learning Python and Qt designer (using eric3). I'm writing an app
using QCheckList and have succeeded in loading parent and children,
with checkboxes, with data from a file.  I want to programmatically
check some boxes depending on the string from the list.

This is the code that I use to create the checkbox's:
  d = QCheckListItem(it, lstI[g:], QCheckListItem.CheckBox)
The first char in each line in 'lstI' determines if the checkbox
should be checked or not.
How do I change the checkbox to 'On' (checked) in Python code when the
checkbox is created?