Newbie namespace question

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Dec 22 15:27:38 EST 2004

deelan wrote:
> i believe that to avoid circular refs errors remember you can
> lazy-import,  for example here i'm importing the email package:

> <module 'email' from 'C:\Python\lib\email\__init__.pyc'>
>
> check help(__import__) for futher details.

I'm not sure what you think that does, but I don't
think it does it.

The code you show above is no more "lazy" than a simple
"import email as m" would have been, I believe.

All statements are executed as they are encountered
during import, so any that are no inside a function
or class definition, or protected by a conditional
control structure in some way, will be executed right
away, rather than lazily.

I may have misinterpreted what you were trying to say...

-Peter