PIL for Windows for Python 2.4

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Dec 13 07:35:07 EST 2004

Fuzzyman wrote:

> Steve Holden wrote:
>
>>Fuzzyman wrote:
>>

>>>If you're determined enough there are instructions here :
>>>http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/
>>>
>>>These will get you the Visual Studio 7 tools (free releases of) and
>>>tell you how to configure distutils to use it.
>>>
>>>Hefty downloads though, do not attempt this without broadband !
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Fuzzy
>>>http://www.voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
>>>

>>Wow! I already installed the oolkit Compiler, and now it seems I need

>>install 646MB of SDK. Make that "you have to be *really, really*
>>determined".
>>
>>Think I might wait a bit longer.
>>
>>regards
>>  Steve
>>--
>>http://www.holdenweb.com
>>http://pydish.holdenweb.com
>>Holden Web LLC +1 800 494 3119
>

> Hello Steve,
>
> I've just completed following the instructions at
> http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/
>
> It's really not too bad. The download is 400meg - which unpacks to
> about a 650meg isntall... but is you're hard drive that full ?
>
> Once done it works fine........

No, it's not that my hard drive is full (I have 22 GB spare on the
current 60BG drive, and can add another 60 GB if I need (though that
would be another 1lb to have to lug around :-).

It's the unreliability of the download process. I have now tried the
installation four times, and each time it's stalled during the download
of a component. Maybe it's just the times I've been trying, but it's
driving me nuts.

regards
  Steve
--