ActiveState Python 2.4 Woes

Chuck cmedcoff at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 18 14:47:59 EST 2004

I am having a lot of problems with this distribution.  Is anyone else?
Among many, many problems in the debugger I also see the error below when I
start PythonWin using the context menu when selecting a python file in the
windows shell explorer.  Anyone having this problem?  I done a complete
uninstall/re-install but to no avail.

Portions Copyright 1994-2004 Mark Hammond (mhammond at skippinet.com.au) - see
'Help/About PythonWin' for further copyright information.
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\mfc\docview.py", line
91, in CreateNewFrame
    wnd.LoadFrame(self.GetResourceID(), -1, None, context) # triggers
OnCreateClient...
win32ui: LoadFrame failed

win32ui: CreateNewFrame() virtual handler (<bound method
SyntEditTemplate.CreateNewFrame of
<pywin.framework.editor.color.coloreditor.SyntEditTemplate instance at
0x0129FD50>>) raised an exception
TypeError: PyCTemplate::CreateNewFrame must return a PyCFrameWnd object.