Configuration Files

Aaron flamesrock at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 00:50:47 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a large number of configuration files which I
have no experience doing in python. The fields will be static for the most
part. But design changes and I might want to add new fields in the future..

My question is - whats the best module for creating, reading, and editing
these files(something like an INI)? I want it to be powerful,
yet simple and minimalistic, not requiring a huge amount of overhead.

I've heard of xml, and have seen it used in both html fashion, and
likewise, without any tags at all- just spaces in between entries; why is
this? CSV is another thing I've seen thrown around on online
documentation. Whats the difference between the two, and which one should
I use(if either)?

-thanks in advance