py2app on Mac OS X 10.3

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at
Fri Dec 31 12:26:48 CET 2004

On 31-dec-04, at 11:12, Austin wrote:

> """
> Minimal example, run with:
> % python py2app
> """
> from distutils.core import setup
> import py2app
> setup(
>     app = [''],
> )
> That is a sample code of wiki.
> I have a file '' and several sub-folders.
> After I execute 'pythonw py2exe', I see 2 folders, 'dist' &
> 'build'
> which is the same as py2exe.
> I open the 'dist' folder and see a file 'main'. Then I double-click the
> 'main' and appeared the error message.
> 'IOError:[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/user/austin/Desktop/disk/
> I feel so wildered because '' should be a file not a folder.

It's an application bundle, which is a folder. All '.app'-s on OS X are
folders, it is a neat way of bundling the application program and all
data files it needs.

> I was wondering if some extra codes needed by
> Could anyone give me an advice?

What is 'eventlog.xml' supposed to be? If you're going to write to it,
it is in the wrong location. If it is a datafile that is used by your
application you should mention it in the script (the
data_files argument).