installing 2.4

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Dec 2 21:17:05 EST 2004

Jive wrote:

>Well ain't that a kick in the pants?
>
>Version 2.3 is broke now, so I'm kind of stuck.  I haven't found a 2.4
>version of Numeric.  Do you know where to find one?

Since 2.4 has only been released for a few days, it'll probably be a
short while yet before all the various third-party package maintainers
get a chance to build 2.4 versions of their packages.  Your main options
at this point are to wait, or to do compile it yourself from source, or
to convince/bribe someone else to compile it from source for you.  I
expect that a major package like Numeric will have 2.4-compiled binary
distributions pretty soon.

As for 2.3 being broken, check your application path and file
associations.  You may be inadvertently running the 2.3 version of
Pythonwin under the 2.4 interpreter.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International