Using Python in my programs

John Hunter jdhunter at
Thu Dec 30 04:00:19 CET 2004

    Squirrel> Hello. I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I
    Squirrel> am new here.

    Squirrel> If I recall correctly, Python can be used as a scripting
    Squirrel> language for other programs, as if the program had a
    Squirrel> builtin Python interpreter.  I wish to extend my
    Squirrel> programs by making them scriptable with Python scripts.

    Squirrel> Is this possible? If so, does anyone know where I can
    Squirrel> find documentation on it? I searched the site
    Squirrel> and didnt find anything useful

Google embedding python.  First link is a good place to start -- -- the official docs for extending
and embedding python.  Extending python is when you want to write or
wrap some library, typically C, C++ or FORTRAN, and expose its
functionality to python.  Embedding python is when you want to use the
python interpreter in your own program.  Start with the official docs
mentioned above, and then check out SWIG and boost::python.