Python Interactive Shell - outputting to stdout?

Avi Berkovich cold_fusion at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 23 14:59:28 EST 2004

Hello,

I was unable to use popen2.popen4 to grab python.exe's (2.3) output, for
starts, it doesn't show the version information at the beginning and
won't return anything when writing to the stdin pipe, it seems that if I
give it some error nous expression, the pipe would return the exception
data, though nothing else comes through.

A friend of mine also tried this using win32api on delphi, and got the
same result.

I also tried "python.exe > data.txt" and was amazed to find out that it
won't redirect the output to the file.

So, may someone please shed some light over this?

Avi.