A rational proposal

Christopher A. Craig com-nospam at ccraig.org
Mon Dec 20 13:29:35 EST 2004

I've been thinking about doing this for a while.  cRat
(http://sf.net/projects/pythonic) already meets these qualifications
except that I need to add decimal support to it now that decimals are
in the language.  I could rewrite the existing code in Python (it's
currently in C), but there are some very real performance reasons to
do it in C rather than Python (i.e. I'm manipulating the internals of
the numerator and denominator by hand for performance in the GCD
function)

--
Christopher A. Craig <com-nospam at ccraig.org>
"I affirm brethren by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus