install questions

A Chan achan_work at
Tue Dec 28 22:09:48 CET 2004

Hi, All,

I'm new in Python. I just install ActivePython 2.4 on
my PC and also install,
soapy-0.1.win32.exe. When I run the following script,
I got no module named SOAPpy. Am I missing any
modules? Thanks

error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
line 310, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "C:\", line 1, in ?
    import SOAPpy
ImportError: No module named SOAPpy

Python script:

import SOAPpy

service = SOAPpy.WSDL.Proxy(WSDL_URI)

# if you are behind a proxy server, you need to set
service.soapproxy.http_proxy = 'PROXY_HOST:PROXY_PORT'

# set config so that we dump the SOAP envelopes
# (sometimes you will be thrilled to see the SOAP
service.soapproxy.config.dumpSOAPOut = 1
service.soapproxy.config.dumpSOAPIn = 1

temp = service.getTemp('90210') # get temperature in
Beverly Hills
print 'The temperature in Beverly Hills is',temp,'F'

Do you Yahoo!?