Ptyon 2.3.5 probably coming in January; get your bugs/patches reported!

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Dec 6 10:22:47 EST 2004

In article <roy-D00E5E.08490706122004 at reader1.panix.com>,
Roy Smith  <roy at panix.com> wrote:
>In article <mailman.7217.1102314982.5135.python-list at python.org>,
> "Brett C." <bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
>>
>> Anthony Baxter, our ever-diligent release manager, mentioned this
>> past week that Python 2.3.5 will most likely come to fruition some
>> time in January (this is not guaranteed date).
>
>Interesting.  Does that mean that 2.3 and 2.4 will be maintained in
>parallel for a while?  That would be awesome.

Depends what you mean by "in parallel".  This is no different from what
occurred during the transition from 2.1 to 2.2 and 2.2 to 2.3; we're
just getting steadily more methodical about it.

WiFi is the SCSI of the 21st Century -- there are fundamental technical
reasons for sacrificing a goat.  (with no apologies to John Woods)