IDLE problem :-(

Daniel Bickett dbickett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 19:14:38 EST 2004

This is less of a bug and more of an inconvenience, on your part. It
happens because IDLE has a tailored shell allowing your cursor to
venture beyond the prompt, and across the text that the window
consists of (much like a loaded file in a text editor)

 Thus, the beginning of each line is not limited to the beginning of
the prompt, and 'home' sends you beyond it. The only 'work around', so
to speak, I can think to recommend is simply using a different shell
for your purposes, i.e. python.exe (on windows).

Daniel Bickett