odbc for solid

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it
Fri Dec 24 16:26:37 CET 2004

flupke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at work we use a solid database and i need to develop an application
> that accesses it. Problem is the drivers: i only have some dll's lying
> around and jar.
> On winsdows i could get by by using ODBC and the dll's to access the
> solid database but i want to eventually run it on a linux server.
> Solid doesn't seem to have a driver specifically for Linux so i'm stuck
> here. Is there any way i can still use Linux and have access to solid?
> Maybe i need to revert to jython so i can use the jar?
>
> Thanks for any info
> Benedict

I have create RealPyOdbc, that is a class made in pure python that
create a simple interface from python to odbc with the use of ctypes.
Of course, it work on every system where ctypes work (win, linux, mac).

It has no db-api 2.0 compatible (my free time is very low), but the work
for make it compatible is very low.

You can see it here:

www.unipex.it/vario/RealPyOdbc.py

In the future, when I'll finish it (make the db-api 2), I'll open a
sf.net project.

I hope it will help you.

Bye,
Michele Petrazzo