collaborative editing

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 08:20:42 EST 2004

Suppose I want to write a book with many authors via the Web. The book has
a hierarchical structure with chapter, sections, subsections, subsubsections,
etc. At each moment it must be possible to print the current version of the
book in PDF format. There must be automatic generation of the table of contents,
indices, etc. Conversions to many formats (Latex, DocBook, etc.) would be
welcome. Does something like that already exists? Alternatively, I would need
some hierarchical Wiki with the ability of printing its contents in an
structured way.

            Michele Simionato