Lambda going out of fashion

jfj jfj at freemail.gr
Thu Dec 23 23:31:26 CET 2004

Stephen Thorne wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a little worried about the expected disappearance of lambda in
> python3000. I've had my brain badly broken by functional programming
> in the past, and I would hate to see things suddenly become harder
> than they need to be.

Don't worry, it's not gonna go away because too much software is
depending on it. If you don't follow the advice that lambda is
deprecated and you keep using it, more software will depend on it and it
will never disappear :)

Personally I'm not a fan of functional programming but lambda *is*
useful when I want to say for example:

   f (callback=lambda x, y: foo (y,x))

I don't believe it will ever disappear.

G.