Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Tue Dec 21 16:46:06 EST 2004

Bulba! wrote:

> - QT seems to be industrial-strength, but.. it's probably
> more complex/difficult to use.
>
> - wxPython/PythonCard is probably simple to use, but..
> are there not some pitfalls that development will fall
> into once the app starts growing (they all do)?

 From my point of view, PyQt is easier to use (and is simpler, runs
faster, looks better on Linux etc), while wxPython is much cheaper (and
runs faster on Windows). As I am guerilla Python programmer (and try to
drive as much Python into company as I can), I use wxPython on Windows
platform as it doesn't trigger unnecessary questions on licensing,
pricing et caetera.

wxPython has very nice GUI builder (wxGlade), it is not about as
complete as Qt Designer, but speeds-up development significantly.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/ | http://www.zgodowie.org/