AsmL/Python relationship? Anyone using AsmL? What for?

Doran_Dermot at emc.com Doran_Dermot at emc.com
Wed Dec 15 10:26:28 EST 2004

Hi Claudio,

If I recall correctly Guido van Rossum (creator/father of Python) did not
mention AsmL as being an influence.  Also AsmL appears to be more recent
(circa .NET epoch) than Python (circa 1991). Hence, I would suggest that the
Foundations of Software Engineering group at Microsoft have borrowed a few
bricks from Guido and maybe even a few rocks from Donald Knuth.

Interesting (AsmL, that is, not my posting).

Cheers!!