Boo who? (was Re: newbie question)

Stephen Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Mon Dec 20 09:48:32 EST 2004

Luis M. Gonzalez wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I didn't want to be agressive at all. Although now that I read again my
> post, it seems a little bit harsh...
> But I see that very often in this list, some replies show much of
> intolerance and very little politeness.
> And in my oppinion, this is one of these cases.
>
> I don't know what Doug Holton did to get such a lesson of posting
> rules, since I think his comments were expressed in a propper way and
> they were definetely python related.
> This is not the first time it happens. A couple of times I suffered
> myself this kind of attitudes and I chose to keep quiet for the sake of
> peace, but I think it's time to point out some limits to those who act
> as self-entitled moderators.
> Being a moderator is ok, but not being a bouncer.

Luis,

As a disinterested observer, I would like to go on record as
disagreeing with your entire assessment of this situation.  I
found Peter Hansen's response to Doug Holton quite appropriate.

I also disagree with your perception that "very often on this
list, some replies show much of intolerance and very little
politeness."  I think c.l.py is one of the more civil lists
going.

Steve Waterbury
(Yet another Steve)