standard IDE in python 3000 (or beyond)? *semi-newbie*

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Dec 30 11:09:07 EST 2004

Aahz wrote:
> In article <41D403F7.8070308 at holdenweb.com>,
> Steve Holden  <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>
>>With respect it wouldn't, since IDLE doesn;t include a GUI builder. I
>>think Mike's cri-de-couer is for a tool that makes it as easy as Visual
>>Studio to put a GUI-based application together.
>

> Should the Python community really care about this, I suspect Eclipse
> might be the best way.

If Eclipse really is the answer I'll have to learn more about it, but
from the little I know so far it seems like a very heavyweight solution.
Not that Visual Studio is becomingly trim, of course - it's a fine
example of bloatware, but it does do a useful job as a GUI builder.
Perhaps there's a lesson somewhere in there ...

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119