Thoughts about Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Feb 24 17:29:07 EST 2004

"Marco Aschwanden" <PPNTWIMBXFFC at spammotel.com> wrote

> How many "object oriented" languages do you know ...

Python is object-based and allows its flavor of object-oriented
programming, but it is not restrictively objected-oriented way that Java
and some other languages are.  One can write Python programs, even fairly
large programs, with modules, statements, and functions, without ever using
the class statement.

> Obviously my "ideas/thoughts" are MY "personal problem" with Python as
> I understand the comments so far and I must first learn more Python
> before I can state things that disturbed me while learning...

It is one thing to ask questions, another to express opinions, and a third
to dogmatically present opinions and preferences as facts and shoulds.
Perhaps you did more of the third than you intended.

Terry J. Reedy