sets and subsets

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sat Feb 14 03:28:05 EST 2004

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:

>[content at *bottom*]
>A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>A: Top-posting.
>Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet?

You know, it may be time for this crusade to end.  What you say is entirely
valid if a single Usenet post is read out of context.  However, when using
a threaded newsreader, as 90% of us do, top-posting allows me to read the
new content without moving my eyes.  I just press N, N, N to move to the
particular thread, the content quickly grew larger than my newsreader's
preview pane, so bottom-posting requires me to move the focus to the
preview pane and scroll down to read.

Besides, the MOST annoying thing on Usenet is HTML posts.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.