Nostalgic instruction sequences (Re: Python Productivity Gain?)

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) wmwd2zz02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:56:48 EST 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
> All right, machine language!  Was that with actual toggle input, or
> were you hand-translating from assembly and entering hex on a keypad?
> I remember being able to write small print routines on the Commodores
> in straight machine language... hmm..  A9 80 20 FF D2 40 anyone? :-)

Or how about

    08 C4 08 35 C4 00 31

...a sequence that is forever burned into my brain, being what
almost every program for my first computer began with.

I'll award a virtual chocolate fish to the first person who
can identify the machine!

Bonus points for (a) disassembling it and (b) explaining
its purpose.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,