where does Python stand?

Ben crescent_au at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 08:36:11 EST 2004

Josiah Carlson <jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu> wrote in message news:<c01p9a$olv$1 at news.service.uci.edu>...
> >>Option 1:
> >>Purchase a mac.
> >>Get a .mac account.
> >>Use iPhoto.
>
> > No way!! I don't even consider this as an option. I was asking about
> > "technologies" and "writing scripts", NOT about purchasing a machine!
>
> >>Option 2:
> >>Purchase some books at your local bookstore that explain what each of
> >>these technologies do.
>
> > This is very possible.. but I can't afford to buy "some" books, that's
> > why I'm using this post and google ;)
>

> Ben,
>
> You missed the point of my post.  If you are having problems with
> acronyms, then you likely lack the experience and/or the self discipline
> to build your own photo album software to make it happen.
>
> I would suggest you download a pre-built piece of software that will do
> it for you.  It seems like Gallery (http://gallery.menalto.com/) would
> be just fine.
>
> Good luck.
>   - Josiah

Thanx for suggestions but I'm not having problems with acronyms and I
believe I have skills to learn something new if needed... That's why
I'm trying.. I just wanted to find out which technology suits my needs
the best... I don't want to learn everything out there in detail just
to create a website. That's why I'm using this post to find out what
people say about these technologies depending on their own
experiences. Some people are ASP experts, some are PHP and the others
are JSP... The idea is to hear from people with different skills, so
that it will help me to make my own choice!!! I will make my own
gallery even if it takes me 2 years to do it! That gives me
satisfaction!!

Ben