AVPython on ArcGIS?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Fri Feb 20 05:01:33 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Bruce Dodson wrote:

> AVPython itself will not be ported to ArcGIS 8 or 9.
> However, I have been working occasionally to make ArcObjects
> accessible from Python.  I call it PyArcObjects.  I made
> some progress, but also found some gotchas in the ArcObjects
> typelibs.  All in all, this is a much more ambitious project
> than AVPython, and will take longer to get right.

Damn!  gazumped on the name!  I'm awaiting legal clearance from my
employer to release a ctypes based interface package (which I'd planned to
call PyArcObjects) to the ArcObjects COM API, based on the ArcGIS 8.3
typelibs.

So far it works well for what I've needed to do.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia