Funnying the From (was: OT: Recommended news reader?)

Cameron Laird claird at
Thu Feb 5 20:55:17 CET 2004

In article <y8rh9zfx.fsf at>,
Thomas Heller  <theller at> wrote:
>I'm a very happy XEmacs user (although I'm mostly on Windows), but it
>seems gnus really takes its time to master.
>But I was very astonished to see that no other mail/news client I have
>examined allows customizing the From: address depending on the folder or
>group you are currently in.  Can that really be true?

I didn't know that "From:" *could* be customized through
common configurations.  Does anyone know how to set it
with trn(1)?  I'm not even asking for switches between
groups; just correcting my domain name to its correct
public form from whatever it is now would be a good first

Cameron Laird <claird at>