embedding python

Anand K Rayudu anand at easi.soft.net
Mon Feb 2 09:32:07 EST 2004

Hi All,

I have one problem with embedding python into my application.
on HP-UX11 i created my application with linking libPython2.3.a
And with my product i supply all extension dlls [ .so] and with
appropriate PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH set.

Every thing is fine till  i import math,
When i import math [ For all extension modules ]
 I get following error.
    import math
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initmath)

But if i run python in shell it works fine,
I am sure it is some thing to do with my application linking or some
thing like that.
Could some one please suggest, how to solve  this problem.

It works fine on all other platforms.
I call python using 'PyRunSimpleFile' Function.

Thanks in advance.

Anand