Compiling python scripts to native code ??

Fred Mailhot fred.mailhot at videotron.ca
Tue Feb 17 14:54:12 EST 2004

On 2/17/04 7:25 AM, "Thomas Guettler" <guettli at thomas-guettler.de> wrote:

> Am Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:43:15 -0800 schrieb Fred Mailhot:
>
>> Hi...
>>
>> Is there any way to do this for *nix ?? Pointers to resources and/or FAQS
>> would be much appreciated.
>
> Why do you want to do this?
> - Improve speed
> - hide your source code
>
> thomas

Nothing quite so nefarious...*grin*...Actually, I've just realized that the
initial question wasn't posed properly.

What I want is to be able to compile Python scripts so that they can be run
on a system that doesn't have Python installed. I realize that maybe that
doesn't make a lot of sense, but I want my product to be as widely
distributable as possible.

Thanks again,

Fred.