unit testing CGI scripts?

Lee, Dustin dlee at rightnow.com
Tue Feb 10 09:39:09 EST 2004

How about testing CGI scripts that access a database (I expect this is the norm)?

I find writing unittests with non-cgi and non-database code very beneficial and pretty straight forward.  I have yet to figure out how to do this with cgi and database coding.  I'm starting to appreciate why pure functional languages (Haskell, etc) really laud the praises of doing "side-effect free" programming.  Of course it's hard conceive of using a database with out actually changing it....

So who out there is doing cgi/db programming and actually testing it?

dustin