wxPython documentation

simo simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 03:22:51 EST 2004

Ken Godee <ken at perfect-image.com> wrote:

> I find Qt's c++ Doc's to be a great/complete set of documents.
> In a very short period of time one can just look at the c++ docs
> and know how to convert it to PyQt.

Very complete, but not too clear IME :-(

> But....If one finds it to confusing, "www.thekompany.com" sells
> a set of "Qt c++" docs converted to "PyQt", I think they get about
> $15.00 bucks for it or/and it's included with Blackadder.

http://www.thekompany.com/products/pyqtdoc/

Yeah, $20, it's still basically Qt Assistant, but with some Python
demo's.

I might get BlackAdder for $80 seeing as it includes this and a [Py]QT
license, although I think I'll wait until they get the
Windows/OSX/Ruby stuff working again, I don't like a product that
removes functionality when it comes out of beta! At the moment I'm
doing OK with Qt Designer and pyuic ;o)

At the moment I'm stuck in GUI Hell! I like TKinter as its easy, but
it looks bad and has limited widgets, I like PyQt as it has lots of
[native] widgets and everyone I talk to is praising Qt, but I think
I'm going to go with wxPython as it's completely free, looks
native[ish] and has current working Linux/Windows versions.