Is there Multi-media support in Python ?

Will wstandley at netpv.com
Wed Feb 18 12:13:39 EST 2004

Paul,

Thanks for the note.

One of the reasons we were interested in Python is that, we thought, capible
of creating software that will run on Mac, Windows or Linux systems.

I understand that Python itself is the basic language and that there are
add-ons for other stuff... like win32all, wxPython, Py2exe, NumArray,
PythonCard, etc...

I was just hoping that someone had created some code to interface directly
with the various media players out there like Quicktime and Windows Media
Player... and that we could use that to call up a player in the corner of a
window... Sorta like you can with Macromedia's Authorware or Matchware's
Mediator 7... and probably Macromedia's Director and other such progframs.

So, the answer to what system is all the popular systems.

I'll keep poking around.

Best,

Will

news:mailman.94.1077067234.31398.python-list at python.org...