ANNOUNCE: Build 200 of the pywin32 extensions (win32all) available

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 07:16:02 EST 2004

Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> writes:

> Hi all,
>    I have released a new version of the win32all extensions.  I have
>    also changed significantly the way I release them.

[...]

> All comments appreciated!

One problem. I install Python with the start menu entries in
Programs\Programming\Python 2.3, rather than the default of
Programs\Python 2.3. The old pywin32 releases found this location
(from the regstry, I guess) and put their start menu entries in there.

The new one not only uses the default, Programs\Python 2.3,
regardless, but it also fails to handle the lack of that directory
correctly, raising an error rather than creating it if it doesn't
exist.

Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank