Cross-version extension modules?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Jan 28 11:57:59 EST 2004

In article <mailman.902.1075286564.12720.python-list at python.org>,
Peter Astrand  <peter at cendio.se> wrote:

>Thanks. Is PYTHON_API_VERSION guaranteed to increase only when the
>Python major or minor version increases, or can it change between micro
>versions as well?

Depends whether the micro-version is a pure bugfix release.  So far,
we've been hewing closely to PEP 6, so no, it won't change.

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR