interface to win job scheduler portable from win98 .. winXP / cmdline or COM ?

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 03:56:38 EST 2004

WMI looks like it covers it, but only NT4 / Win2K / XP.
Oh, sorry, I've just realised: the Win32_ScheduledJob
actually refers to the AT service (despite the name!)

If you're really looking for something which will work
across every version of Windows, I think you're better
off doing something entirely Python from the start. It
shouldn't be hard (he says, having not tried it himself).
The advantage is: it will work everywhere and you have
complete control over it. The disadvantage is: you have
to create your own interface and deal with whatever
issues the existing mechanisms have already dealt with.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk