Newbie: Python equivalent to Delphi TTable

Gandalf gandalf at geochemsource.com
Wed Jan 7 05:26:09 EST 2004

Please try the kinterbasdb module.
You can find it here:

http://kinterbasdb.sourceforge.net/

Probably you can find all necessary information there.
What you want is a cursor. However, the TTable component is buffered.
You can go forward and backward in the dataset.
AFAIK, cursors in DB API 2.0 are unidirectional. Thus, you must make
your own buffering if you want to be able to go
forward and backward too. Another note: these cursors do not support
updates but you can write a class easily that suit
your needs.

Best,

   Laci 1.0