pythonwin woes

Lucas Raab pythongnome at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:51:37 EST 2004

"oliver" <fwang2 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:a7c2c93c.0401301309.4e61c606 at posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying my hands on the latest verion of pythonwin extension with
> python 2.3.3 , and run into *semi-fatal* problem:  the run command
> ignores the modifications I made to the source code,  and *always*
> show me results given by that outdated source: it feels like it just
> use that cached .pyc!!!
>
> I wonder if the other pythonwin users had experienced the same
> problem, or did I miss anything here. There is no such problem in IDLE
> though.
>
> Thanks
>
> oliver
A while ago, I had the same exact problem. It always ran the outdated file.
I had to delete the old .pyc file to get it to run correctly. I'm running
Python 2.3.3 like you only I'm using build 157 and it seems to work just
fine. I had to go through a few versions before it went away with build 157.
Try emailing Mark Hammond and see if he had any suggestions.
--
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to
war, while defeated warriors go to war first