books

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jan 8 15:47:32 EST 2004

Thomas Mang <a9804814 at unet.univie.ac.at> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have programmed mostly in C++ lately, and I want to start learning
> Python now.
>
> Which books would you recommend to buy?

Well, maybe, none.  Have you tried the online material?

    http://www.python.org/topics/learn

and in particular

    http://www.python.org/topics/learn/prog.html

> I am both looking for an introduction into the language, as well as
> complete guides.

For the "complete guide", what I've seen of Python in a Nutshell is
pretty good.  But I actually don't own any books on Python (well apart
from the one I tech reviewed).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  For their next act, they'll no doubt be buying a firewall
  running under NT, which makes about as much sense as