Secure Voting software

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Thu Jan 22 05:36:55 CET 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 04:35:07 GMT, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> At 2004-01-22T01:35:01Z, Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:
>> The book "Security Engineering" by Ross Anderson is a good place to start
>> reading if you're interested in the subject.
>
> I just finished "Practical Cryptography" by Niels Ferguson and Bruce
> Schneier.  It was almost enough to make me not want to bother trying.
> :-/

Security is much more than just cryptography.  Program reliability,
protection from bad input, protection from other misbehaving programs;
mitigation of *any* kind of risk or threat is the realm of security.

--
 \        "Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a |
  `\       dotted line. He caught every other fish."  -- Steven Wright |