Rekall Binary

Lothar Scholz llothar at web.de
Thu Jan 1 17:33:31 EST 2004

> How strong a buisness model is GPL software is a relative issue.  If
> you mean making the kind of money that software developer houses used
> to make in the BOS (Before Open Source) days then it isn't.  But you
> just may be able to support your family on it and pay the rent (and
> maybe even buy a modest house if you are really successful).  I see
> nothing wrong with that.  This are hard times you know.

"The Kompany" wasn't able to pay the developer for month with non GPL
software, why do you think they can do it with GPL now (if you say
yourself that it will be less then in the BOS days) ?

In fact i believe that a main stream desktop tool like "Rekall" has no
future when it must live on support contracts only. If you need
support then the product has an error, but i don't want to use
errounous software. This is the reason why GPL does not work for a lot
of software products.