Python 2.3.3 compilation problems an HP-UX

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Jan 13 05:52:31 EST 2004

Olaf Meyer <nomail at nospam.net> writes:

> Aahz wrote:
>
> > In article <aHwLb.6203$g4.135307 at news2.nokia.com>,
> > Olaf Meyer  <nomail at nospam.net> wrote:
> >
> >>I'm having some problems compiling Python 2.3.3 on HP-UX (B.11.00).
> >> I've tried sevral different options for the configure script
> >> (e.g. enabling/disabling gcc, aCC) but I always get the same
> >> problem during the final linking stage. Several PyThread_* symbols
> >> are undefined (for details see the output below).
> > I'd suggest that you look at the recent threads about compiling for
> > HP-UX on python-dev.  It's starting to look like a SIG might be a good
> > way to go.
>
> Thanks for pointing me there. It seems that there's some clean-up
> needed for HP-UX. Luckily compiling 2.2.1 works fine for me, so I
> think I'll stick with it until the 2.3 versions compile with HP-UX
> 'out-of-the-box' ;-)

Hmm.  The 2.3 versions compile out of the box on *some* versions of
HP-UX, because Anthony and I did it, on the Compaq testdrive machines.
But I think they're 11.20 or so.  Bah.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
  down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.