Importing database: newbie issue

wes weston wweston at att.net
Thu Jan 22 10:39:01 EST 2004

Angelo,
    If doing this on an ongoing basis, you might
look at using shelve.

from "Python Essential Reference", pg 81

import shelve

object       = someObject()
dbase        = shelve.open(filename) #open a database
dbase['key'] = object                #save object to db
object       = dbase['key']          #retrieve object
dbase.close()